MedFit (HEALTH CHECKS) services
Companies operating outside their home country often face new health challenges. Large amount of literatures estimate that one out every three failed international employee assignments is due to medical or family issues, leading to huge direct and indirect cost to companies.
Similarly many of the health problems suffered by frequent international business travellers are preventable if identified early prior to deployment. That’s why companies need to make sure their employees are medically fit for international work assignments and are properly supported while they are on such assignment.
International SOS conducts these examinations globally on behalf of our clients, irrespective of the locations of the employee (and its dependant) or location of assignment / posting.
International SOS Global MedFit utilises acclaimed methodology by the Energy, Mining, Infrastructure (EMI) and financial sectors to provide a quality, structured and cost effective service to its customers. Highly sophisticated proprietary medical analytics program evaluate the health risk profile of each individual against the country health risk destination profile of deployment (as well as his/her job type where applicable).
International SOS Occupational Health doctors and nurses, who are expert in international health care delivery, then use this information to provide advice and make recommendations.
How it works
- Access to the International SOS credentialed and managed Global Health Network amongst 70,000 medical providers
- Coordination, assessment scheduling, guarantee of payments on behalf of clients
- Industry/company defined - standardised medical assessments
- Objective independent medical review of results and meaningful recommendation
- Issuance of health summaries to individuals and health certificates company or industry specific
- Stringent secured storage of medical data and trend analysis to support wellness agenda
- Secure online access (via internet web portal, mobile apps) or e mail, telephone access
- Recall system for periodical exam management
How it helps
- Prevent a serious medical incident by identifying employee needs before deployment
- Reduce health plan costs, sick leave, disability pay and worker’s compensation
- Save on costs for overseas medical expenses for travellers working abroad
- Fulfil your Duty of Care obligations to employees
- Improve productivity of your organization internationally